Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Owl Love You Forever

Hello! How was your weekend friends? I've been busy, busy working on getting my workshops ready for the year (my #1 creative goal for 2015 is to host a workshop every month in my home). Well... January's has nearly slipped away, but I think I can squeeze 2 in February. What are your crafty goals?

I'm also excited to be working on February's free Scrapinar over at Layout a Day. More information will be forthcoming about my class... right now all I can tell you is that it will involve something that I used on the project that I'm about to share with you today. Can you take a guess at what my class will be about?

So on to my crafty share for the day. I wanted to create a Valentine's Day tag from a non Valentine's Day stamp set, so I chose A Muse Studio's Owl's Well set which is typically a birthday set.
A Muse Studio Products used on tag: Stamps (Owl's Well & Mini Blooms); Dies (January Collection Fishtail Stitched Tag & Mini Blooms Coordinating Dies); Inks (violeta, berry lime & blush); Copics (E37 Sepia); watercolor (Peerless Watercolor Sheets); cardstock (sugar); twine January Collection metallic gold & natural twine); glitter (diamond);  twinkle stickers (heart)
To create this tag:
1) If you like to cut out dies individually after stamping images  (like me) then cut apart dies using jewelry nippers. This tool will easily cut apart metal dies without injuring you or your scissors. If you use these metal dies often, it is worth the investment:)
2) Play around with watercolor, creating skyline effect on white cardstock. Allow paper to dry. Select best spot from paper and cut tag with die. 
3) Stamp branch image and color. I colored the branch with a Copic marker, but didn't have the color I desired for the leaves in a marker, so I used my lime ink pad and a wet brush to color the leaves. 
4) Stamp & die cut mini blooms. Stamp and color owl. Add glitter to belly of owl by using quickie glue pen and diamond glitter. Fussy cut owl and adhere all images to tag.
5) Die cut, color and add hole reinforcer to tag. Stamp, make and adhere sentiment tag.
6) Finish tag with gold metallic twine and heart jewel.

***Don't forget that the items from A Muse Studio's January collection-- the stitched fishtail tag die and the gold metallic twine is only available until February 14th! You can order online HERE.***

2 comments:

tndj said...

did you use a quickie glue pen or a quickie glue brush?

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Its a Quickie Glue Pen:)