Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Jumping on the Organizational Bandwagon


So after seeing all of the organizational tips and tricks that are all over the web right now because its the new year I decided to jump on the bandwagon and organize something.

When using my Peerless watercolors last week to create this owl tag, I realized that using the watercolor sheets from the package was counter productive   A) they made a mess on my desk...


B) and they were hard to use!  I'd have to test each one out before using it EVERY time because I could't remember which color is which. How frustrating!

So I made a palette/swatch book. To create it:
1) cut a small section off of each paint swatch. Be sure to leave it matched with its name so you don't get them all mixed up as your are working with them.

2) adhere paint chips to watercolor paper. Label each swatch and paint a sample of it below it so you can see the color of each on white paper

Now I have a my color swatches and a usable palette that I can work from. As I use up the paint, I can simply replace the swatch from what is left. I added them to a binder ring and now they hang on my desk ready to be used when I need them.
Have you organized any of your crafty supplies this month?

1 comment:

Auntie Em said...

I like this tip. And not only are you organized but if you need just a wee dab of a certain colour for a project this will save you digging everything out.
Thanks for sharing! :)