Monday, November 01, 2010

Scrap that Poetry Challenge # 27

Hello & happy Monday! I hope you all had a great Halloween. Mine was the best to date... this year my kids were 3 and 5 so they got really excited about it... the whole family dressed up & we all had fun with our friends and neighbors. It was a magical night for them... so fun to watch as a parent.

I am so excited to be guest designing today at Scrap that Poetry... I don't scrap nearly enough and every time I do it I feel so good about it. STP rocks because 2 times a month they put up a poem for you to use as inspiration for a layout or project. Here is what I created...
....which was inspired by this poem...
A Red, Red Rose 

Oh my luve is like a red, red rose, 
That's newly sprung in June: 
Oh my luve is like the melodie, 
That's sweetly play'd in tune. 
As fair art thou, my bonie lass, 
So deep in luve am I; 
And I will luve thee still, my dear
Till a' the seas gang dry. 
Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear, 
And the rocks melt wi' the sun; 
And I will luve thee still, my dear, 
While the sands o' life shall run. 
And fare thee weel, my only luve! 
And fare thee weel a while! 
And I will come again, my luve, 
Tho' it were ten thousand mile! 

by Robert Burns

My dear is my husband... and this is a photo that our aspiring 5 year old photographer took of us on my 34th birthday Tuesday evening... this layout commemorates us now, I love doing quick layouts like that... a photo + a great poem or quote that summarizes life as it is now. Do you have any photos that fit this poem? Jump on over to Scrap the Poetry for more inspiration or to play along:)

Take care!
Photobucket
Today I'm thankful for...
1) sweat pants
2) Hadley... the 3 year old who has "projects" and makes cards with me
3) having the privledge of watching Campbell learning to read... its an amazing thing


Products: patterned paper (Stamp'in Up), thread (Coats & Clark), buttons (Jenni Bowlin), paper rose (Prima), pearls (Kaiser Craft), baubles (Making Memories)

3 comments:

Mel said...

I just love the gorgeous photo of you all going out for Halloween, I wish we shared the tradition over here, looks like lots of fun, you all look so good, I saw your name on the new Zva DT??????, I hope I have it right, super congratulations, I love your gorgeous work. Melxx

Kathy Martin said...

Great costumes, age and a lovely poem!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love it... thanks for guest designing with us again Windy!!! Always love your projects!