Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What's on My Desk...

...tons of Unity. I am a diehard fan and monthly kit club member. I'm not much of a stamper, but every bit of my stamping passion is due to Unity... I just love their style & their sentiments rock.
Love is a promise, love is a souvenir once given never forgotten, never let it disappear. John Lennon

As a newbie stamper I own only 2 Copic markers (yes... I know... but for my pocketbook's sake I have held out as long as I could on the whole stamping thing... until this point)... so I'm proud to say that these "Promise"cards are my first ever colored card! So I started simple... I know a big red heart isn't that spectacular...but I took the plunge:)  
To create card:
1) make card from cardstock and round bottom corners
2) tie on bow and adhere crystals
3) stamp image on cardstock, color with marker, fussy cut and adhere to card with foam tape
Products: patterned paper (Graphic 45), rubber stamp (A Little Happy by Unity), marker (Crimson by Copic), crystals (Zva Creative), pigment ink (Onyx by Tsukineko), ribbon (from my scrap stash)

To create card:
1) make card form cardstock
2) adhere kraft mat
3) ink edge of patterned paper and adhere to card
4) stamp heart and color with marker
5) tie on bows and embellish with mini keys
Products: patterned paper (Basic Grey), rubber stamp (A Little Happy by Unity), marker (Crimson by Copic), keys (7 Gypsies), pigment ink (Vintage Sepia by Tsukineko), chalk ink (Chestnut Roan by Superior)

I just love those old keys... they remind me of the doors in my parent's old farmhouse. Anyway... what gets you using the stuff on your desk? Here's to a crafty week!
Photobucket

No comments: