Monday, July 26, 2010

Earth Love... A Little Clean & Graphic Fun

Just dropping in tonight to share an attempt at a clean & graphic card as a part of Moxie Fab World's Card Style Week Challenge. If you want to explore or try your hand at each style featured in Paper Craft's new "Card Style" issue, you can play along at Moxie Fab World though August 2nd... its super fun! I promise:)

Clean and graphic is very hard for me... no ribbon, a lot of white space... just about the anthesis of my card style. Here I started with a graphic applique (I just love roaming the sewing aisles of big box craft stores... I found this heart applique at JoAnns) and built my card from there. To me, the shape and size of the heart screamed "put me on a square card"... so here it is...
To create card:
1) make card from patterned paper 
2) mat kraft square on black cardstock and adhere to center of card 
3) apply rub on sentiment and heart applique


 Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

Products: Cardstock: (kraft) Papertrey Ink, (black prismatic) Bazzill Basics, Patterned paper: (giddy, Twitterpated collection) Pebbles, Accent: (Medium heart earth/applique) Tulip, Rub-on: (Twitterpated Love You rub ons) Pebbles
Finished size: 4 3/4" x 4 3/4"

3 comments:

Heather said...

I absolutely LOVE this! What an awesome idea for the applique (I love roaming those aisles too!). Wonderful job!

Kathy Martin said...

Darling card! Love, love, love the heart shaped earth! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Windy! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Clean & Graphic Card Style challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)