Friday, March 05, 2010

Reasons for Mail...

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping in for this week's Reasons for Mail. Before we get started, I have some super exciting news...

I am honored to share with you that I have been selected to join Piggy Tales Academy Design Team.  I've been a fan of their product for several years now and am thrilled that I will have the opportunity to work with such a fun company over the next year! Thank you Piggy Tales!

So in celebration of this big event, today's Reasons for Mail card is created with one of my favorite Piggy Tales collections, Beauty and the Beast.
I love making cards without a sentiment... it allows one to include a favorite quote, handwrite something inside (nothing beats receiving a handwritten message) and send it off. Here is the quote I have in this one...
One's first step in wisdom is to question everything - and one's last is to come to terms with everything. 
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
Be wise, be strong dear friends! Have a great weekend:)

To create this card:
1) cut card from kraft (4 1/4 in x 5 1/2 in)
2) adhere striped rectangle patterned paper
3) adhere glittered strip of patterned paper
4) embellish with pearls, ribbon, flowers, and gem pins
Products:
patterned paper: Castle and Beast from Beauty and Beast collection by Piggy Tales
kraft: Paper Reflections
pearls: Paper reflections by Michael's Inc.
fibers: 7/8 in orange satin ribbon
pins: Making Memories Vintage Findings Gem Pins
flowers: Prima Camero Roses
other: Juneberry Wine Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels

5 comments:

Mel said...

Super congratulations Windy, I just saw it announced on the Piggy Tails blog too, I am so excited for you, this is so well deserved and I cannot wait to see your wonderful creations. Love to you, Mel

P.s Love the card, love these papers, cannot find any store over here with them in.

Rebekah Williams said...

Amazing, as always. And congrats on the Piggy Tails gig! It sounds like an absolutely aDORable company!

Unknown said...

Love this card! The colors are AMAZING!

(-: Heidi

Operation Write Home said...

Congratulations - an honor well deserved!! Fantastic!

I was stopping by to let you know about the Operation Write Home bloghop coming up (http://operationwritehome.org/bloghop) - and am so glad I popped over...you just ignited my brain! I love how you shoot your photos of your crafts, with white below and black behind. I always struggle with trying to get my cards to "pop" - and those two would help photoshop do a quick color correct that would be PERFECT. You are brilliant! I'm off to rearrange my setup...lol. Thanks :)

Tessa Buys said...

Congratulations!!!